Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Alternative form of news crawl.
1997, Steve Perry, Ed Solomon, Men in Black, page 182:
- Jay looked at a clock, then at a newscrawl on a building ticker.
- 2007, Brendan DuBois, Twilight, page 12
- ...my eyes couldn't focus on the newscrawl at the bottom of the screen...
2007, Broadcasting & Cable, volume 137, number 27-34:
- But when the show satirized Fox News Channel — specifically, its often sensationalist newscrawl — Groening says they got spanked and are “forbidden” from taking further swipes at the network