Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
noncompete (not comparable)
- (law) Of or pertaining to a commitment not to engage in competition with another party
- You will need to sign a noncompete agreement, of course.
2007 January 4, Eric Dash, “An Ousted Chief’s Going-Away Pay Is Seen by Many as Typically Excessive”, New York Times:
- Mr. Nardelli also stands to receive another $18 million in “other entitlements,” which […] will be paid over the next four years so long as he does not violate a noncompete contract.
2007 May 2, Bloomberg News, “Hollinger Money Diverted Improperly, Ex-Director Says”, New York Times:
- They are accused of keeping noncompete payments from buyers that should have gone to Hollinger.
noncompete (plural noncompetes)
- (law) A commitment not to engage in competition with another party.