Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
nubbin (plural nubbins)
- A stub, especially a stub of undeveloped corn or fruit or nipple.
- (informal) A small protuberance, bud, bump, knob, or the like.
- As an avid button collector, I have had to develop an efficient way of removing the nubbin of thread from the button hole.
- nubbin in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “nubbin” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- "nubbin" in Encarta® World English Dictionary [North American Edition] © & (P)2007 Microsoft Corporation.
- "nubbin" in Compact Oxford English Dictionary, © Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed., 1989.
- Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary, 1987-1996.