Originated 1650–60; ostentation+-ious.
ostentatious (comparative more ostentatious, superlative most ostentatious)
- Of ostentation.
- Intended to attract notice.
- Of tawdry display; kitsch.
Derived terms 
intended to attract notice
- “ostentatious” in The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2000.
- “ostentatious” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- "ostentatious" in WordNet 3.0, Princeton University, 2006.