Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Serving to palliate; serving to extenuate or mitigate.
- (medicine) Minimising the progression of a disease and relieving undesirable symptoms for as long as possible, rather than attempting to cure the (usually incurable) disease.
Coordinate terms 
Related terms 
reducing progression and relieving symptoms
See also 
palliative (plural palliatives)
- (medicine) Something that palliates, particularly a palliative medicine.
- The radiation and chemotherapy were only palliatives.
- palliative in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- palliative in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- palliative at OneLook Dictionary Search
- feminine form of palliatif
- Feminine plural form of palliativo