Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- present of peli
- second-person singular past historic of peler
- Contraction of por as (“by the”).
- 2000, J. K. Rowling, Lya Wyler, Harry Potter e o Prisioneiro de Azkaban, Rocco, page 240:
- Era difícil dizer se a professora os ouvira, pois seu rosto estava oculto pelas sombras.
- It was difficult to tell whether the teacher had heard them, because her face was hidden by the shadows.
- Informal second-person singular (tú) present indicative form of pelar.