Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Plural form of person; used to refer to them individually, rather than as a group. Contrast people.
- Which persons are responsible for this mess?
- 2007 May 14: The Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor, Current Population Survey Frequently Asked Questions — Question 5: “Who is counted as unemployed?”
- Persons are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work.
More than one person; considered individually
- genitive singular indefinite of person
- indefinite genitive singular of person