Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- may be hyphenated or expressed as a phrase: poly-deism, poly deism
- either the P or both the P and D may be capitalized: Polydeism, PolyDeism
- variations of capitalization and spacing may be combined: Poly-deism, Poly-Deism, Poly Deism, Poly deism
polydeism (plural polydeisms)
- Belief in the existence of many gods who collectively set the universe in motion, then ceased to interact with it.
- (rare): polytheism
- Almost all women-led religions relate to many spirits, gods, or ancestors—even in cultural contexts in which the mainstream religion is monotheistic... Two women- led religions, the Shakers and Christian Science, do not fit this polydeistic pattern. Susan Sered, Women of the Sacred Groves: Divine Priestesses of Okinawa (1999) p. 62.