Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
postal history (uncountable)
- Items such as covers and associated material illustrating historical episodes of postal systems.
- 1950 A Wisconsin Postal History Collection, comprising a master collection of covers and postmarks which display in detail the postal history of Wisconsin.
- Proceedings [of the] annual business meeting - Page 29 State Historical Society of Wisconsin - History
- 1957. It is an outstanding series and belongs in the library of every serious stamp collector whether they collect postal history or not. The American Philatelist, Volume 71, Lauren Robert Januz
- 2009. If you collect postal history, or are interested in discovering more about this fascinating branch of philately, you will find information here to help you.
- www.postalhistory.org (Home page introduction) 2009.