Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To increase in number or spread rapidly.
- The flowers proliferated rapidly all spring.
- 2006, Edwin Black, chapter 2, Internal Combustion:
- But through the oligopoly, charcoal fuel proliferated throughout London's trades and industries. By the 1200s, brewers and bakers, tilemakers, glassblowers, pottery producers, and a range of other craftsmen all became hour-to-hour consumers of charcoal.
to increase in number
- proliferate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- proliferate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- second-person plural present indicative of proliferare
- second-person plural imperative of proliferare
- feminine plural of proliferato