Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also quarter
quarter- (also spelled with adjective quarter)
- A prefix for something related to a quarter, mostly used to denote a fourth part, or a three-month term.
- A quarter-century is twenty-five years.
- A quarter-day is one terminating a quarter of the year.
- 1960, P. G. Wodehouse, Jeeves in the Offing, chapter XVII:
- “When I say mind,” said the blood relation, “I refer to the quarter-teaspoonful of brain which you might possibly find in her head if you sank an artesian well.”
- half- (prefix for a half part)