Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
roadside (not comparable)
- Located next to (beside) a road.
- The roadside stand did a good business just selling products to people who merely wanted directions.
- 2013, Nicholas Watt and Nick Hopkins, Afghanistan bomb: UK to 'look carefully' at use of vehicles (in The Guardian, 1 May 2013)
- David Cameron has said the government will "look carefully" at the use of heavily armoured vehicles after three British soldiers were killed in Afghanistan by a roadside bomb while travelling in a Mastiff troop carrier.
roadside (plural roadsides)
- The area on either side of a road.
- I pulled over to the roadside to check the map.