Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
schemie (plural schemies)
Used as derogatory term by the working class who live in the town centre to differentiate themselves from the working class of the outskirts.
- 1996, Irvine Welsh, Trainspotting 
- They’d rather gie a merchant school old boy with severe brain damage a job in nuclear engineering than gie a schemie wi a Ph. D. a post as a cleaner in an abattoir.
- 1996, Irvine Welsh, Ecstasy 
- Stupidity and sleaze, that’s what it is. Schemie windows. Ah look at the world through schemie windows.
- 2005, Jenny Colgan, The Boy I Loved Before 
- This wasn’t skeggy little schemie bully. This was big-time cheerleader style.