Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive, slang) To waylay, kidnap or steal.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of John Masefield to this entry?)
- Neil Gaiman, Neverwhere (page 73)
- "We have no intention of violating their market truce. More of waiting till she has left the market and scrobbling her..."
From the name of the Internet service Audioscrobbler.
- (Internet slang) To publish one's music-listening habits to the Internet via software, in order to track when and how often certain songs are played.
scrobble (plural scrobbles)
- A datum or the aggregate data collected by this means.