Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Given to thought, or to the examination of subjects by contemplation; contemplative.
- Given to study; devoted to the acquisition of knowledge from books; as, a studious scholar.
- Earnest in endeavors; aiming sedulously; attentive; observant; diligent; -- usually followed by an infinitive or by of; as, be studious to please; studious to find new friends and allies.
- Planned with study; deliberate; studied.
- Favorable to study; suitable for thought and contemplation; as, the studious shade.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked