Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (RP) IPA(key): /ˈtɜːdʒɪd/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈtɝːdʒɪd/, /ˈtɝːɡɪd/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Distended beyond the natural state by some internal agent, especially fluid, or expansive force.
- I have a turgid limb.
- (of language or style) Overly complex and difficult to understand; grandiloquent; bombastic.
- (distended beyond the natural state): bloated, distended, inflated, swelled, swollen, tumid
- (tediously pompous): bombastic, grandiose, pompous
distended beyond natural state