Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
twaddle (plural twaddles)
- See also Wikisaurus:chatter
- 1918, Katherine Mansfield, Prelude, Selected Stories, Oxford World's Classics paperback 2002, page 118,
- Yet she knew that she'd send it and she'd always write that kind of twaddle to Nan Pym.
- 1887, Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study In Scarlet, Beeton's Christmas Annual, (Chapter 2 - The Science of Deduction), pages 1-95 (exact page number not known).
- "What ineffable twaddle!" I cried, slapping the magazine down on the table, "I never read such rubbish in my life."
Empty or silly idle talk or writing; nonsense
- To talk or write nonsense; to prattle.
To talk or write nonsense
- See also Wikisaurus:nonsense