From German über (“above, over”)
- (slang) Super; really; mega-.
- And Naomi Campbell was known as an uber-model, over and above super-models. 
- Uber-fans forget that even a sporting arena is a public place, not the living room; and that in public places certain rules of conduct apply. 
A hyperbolic term, implying extremely, to the point of obsession. May accordingly have pejorative connotations, as in uberdork, ubergeek.
slang: super, really, mega-
- ^ The Weekend Australian. "Payne hopes for Uber-horse - Gelding fashionably attired for $3m race". Pg. 80. April 3, 2004.
- ^ Albuquerque Journal. "This Is No Place For Noise." Pg. B1. January 11, 2004.