Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ævəl
- to separate the threads (of); disentangle
- Stop playing with the seam of the tablecloth! You will unravel it.
- Mother couldn't unravel the ball of wool after the cat had played with it.
- (intransitive) to become undone
- (figuratively) To clear from complication or difficulty; to unfold; to solve.
- to unravel a plot
- (figuratively) To separate the connected or united parts of; to throw into disorder; to confuse.
- Art shall be conjured for it, and nature all unravelled.
unraveling and unraveled are primarily US while unravelling and unravelled are primarily UK.
to separate the threads (of)