Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (RP) IPA(key): /ˈvɛəɹiəs/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈvɛəɹiəs/ (alternatively, /ˈvæɹiəs/ among careful speakers) (in accents without the "Mary, marry, merry" merger)
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈvɛɹiəs/ (in accents with the "Mary, marry, merry" merger)
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file)
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛəriəs
- more than one indeterminate thing
- Various books have been taken.
- There are various ways to fix the problem.
- You have broken various of the rules.
various (not comparable)
- having a broad range (of different elements).
- The reasons are various.
an eclectic range of
- various in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- various in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911