"w00t" is a Leet corruption of the exclamation "Woot!", meaning "Hooray". The term rose to popularity sometime during the 1990s and is popular on the Internet, especially in MMORPGS. Both the exclamation and the Leet spelling are of uncertain origin. Many explanations have been offered, but none cite any reliable research or definitive sources. At this time, any explanation proffered without proper citations is mere speculation.
- (Internet slang, leetspeak) Used to express joy, particularly that felt during success or victory.
- w00t I've won this special item.
- news:alt.test, Jan 8 1996, 1:00 am
- Reuters: "w00t" crowned word of year by U.S. dictionary
- ABC News: Merriam-Webster's Word of '07: 'W00t'