Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) enPR: yôr, IPA(key): /jʊə(ɹ)/
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)
- (US) enPR: yôr, IPA(key): /jʊəɹ/
Audio (US) (1) (file) Audio (US) (2) (file)
- Rhymes: -ʊə(r)
- Homophone: yore [if using the first pronunciation]
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)
- You are.
- You’re smarter than I am!
- 1907, Robert W. Chambers, The Younger Set, chapterIX:
- “Heavens!” exclaimed Nina, “the blue-stocking and the fogy!—and yours are pale blue, Eileen!—you’re about as self-conscious as Drina—slumping there with your hair tumbling à la Mérode! Oh, it's very picturesque, of course, but a straight spine and good grooming is better. […]”