Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- (UK) IPA: /zəʊˈɒlədʒi/, X-SAMPA: /z@U"Ql@dZi/; (non standard) IPA: /zuː.ˈɒ.lɒ.dʒi/
- (US) IPA: /zoʊˈɑlədʒi/; (non standard) IPA: /zuˈɑlədʒi/
zoology (plural zoologies)
- that part of biology which relates to the animal kingdom, including the structure, embryology, evolution, classification, habits, and distribution of all animals, both living and extinct.
- a treatise on this science.
Derived terms 
science that studies the animal kingdom
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.