Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The alternative feminine singular form חָפְשִׁיָּה (khofshiyá) is grammatical and also in use.
- According to the Academy of the Hebrew language words with a Qamatz Qaṭan or Ḥaṭaf Qamatz should not be spelled with vav (ו) when writing unpointed Hebrew text, unless it alternates with a Ḥolam in another form of the word. In informal Hebrew this rule is sometimes ignored since it is hard for speakers to differentiate between words pronounced with /o/ because of a qamatz and the rest.
- “H2670”, in Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance to the Bible, 1979
- “חפשי” in the Hebrew Terms Database of the Academy of Hebrew Language.
- ^ Academy of the Hebrew Language: »דתית או דתייה – סיומת ־ִית לעומת סיומת ־ִיָּה« (Hebrew source)