From a 2018 interview where Telugu film actor Mohan Babu recalled a dialogue in Telugu where he acted as a villain ordering a hitman to kill his wife and translated it into English; he concluded the dialogue with "Don’t kill so many [sic; actually referring to the number of stabs] like this. Only once. Fasak!", with the last word being an ad-lib that was not present in the original dialogue (possibly being onomatopoeia for chopping). The interview subsequently went viral on the Internet and the word was popularized.
ఫసక్ • (phasak)
- (slang) a somewhat nonsensical expression; usually used in a similar sense to finish or in one fell swoop as a euphemism for killing or destroying something
- 2019 September 22, Praveen Kumar Vadla, “మళ్లీ ఇప్పుడు ఫసక్ డైలాగ్ కూతురుతో చెప్పించాడు బన్నీ.”, in News18 Telugu:
- ఓన్లీ వన్స్ ఫసక్ అంటూ మోహన్ బాబు చెప్పిన డైలాగును నేర్పించిన బన్నీ..
- ōnlī vans phasak aṇṭū mōhan bābu ceppina ḍailāgunu nērpiñcina bannī..
- Once again, he [Allu Arjun] delivered the Finish! dialogue with his daughter.
- Mohan Babu's Famous "Fasak" Dialogue | With Rajdeep Sardesai (original interview segment), India Today, !8 October 2018