Jump to navigation Jump to search
American Sign Language
- The index finger may temporarily retract into an X shape as it moves down, then return to a 1 shape before it reaches the nondominant hand.
Compound of 1@Chin-PalmBack X@NearChin-PalmBack (“red”) and an illustration of slicing a round fruit with a knife.
- This two-handed ASL sign is produced as follows:
- Posture the dominant hand in on the lower lip, dominant palm facing back.
- Move the dominant hand down so the index finger brushes the radial side of the nondominant hand.
- Posture the nondominant hand in in , nondominant palm facing down. Posture the dominant hand in within a few inches of the radial (thumb) side of the nondominant hand.