American Sign Language
From initial letter A of the English word Albany, using a movement common among city names.
- This one-handed ASL sign is produced as follows:
- Posture the dominant hand in the “A” handshape about half an arm's length in front of the sternum, palm facing forward.
- Move the dominant hand to the dominant side and then diagonally downward to the nondominant side in one smooth motion.
- Posture the dominant hand in the “A” handshape about half an arm's length in front of the center of the abdomen (above the waist), palm facing forward.
Upload png, jpg, or gif image. (ASL gloss: ALBANY)
- Albany, the capital of New York State