American Sign Language
- (with the "C" handshape) C@Ear-PalmForward
Illustrative of actively catching sound, using a movement similar to the ASL sign Bent3@Nose-PalmForward Hook (“actively see”).
- This one-handed ASL sign is produced with the head tilted toward to the source of the noise:
- to listen; to hear
- (ASL gloss) MY FRIEND ADVICE-ME, ME LISTEN!
- "When my friend gave me advice, I listened!"
- (listen, hear): 1@Ear Contact
- Bent3@Ear-PalmForward-Bent3@Ear-PalmForward Hook-Hook (“hear with both ears”)