Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of /b
- 2008, Julian Dibbell, "Mutilated Furries, Flying Phalluses: Put the Blame on Griefers, the Sociopaths of the Virtual World", in Wired, 18 January 2008:
- Most noticeable is the anime fan community 4chan, with its notorious /b/ forum and communities of "/b/tards." […] ¶ Not all the message boards celebrate the griefers in their midst: Kyanka finds griefing lame, as do many Goons and /b/tards.
- 2009, Stefanie Cohen, "The Dark Heart of the Internet: He Runs One of the Web's Most Popular Sites. Too Bad He's Broke", in the New York Post, 21 February 2009:
- The users, known as /b/tards - ran amok, […] ¶ […] ¶ Strange considering /b/tards are some of the tackiest bunch of folks ever corralled into one site.
- 2011, Cole Stryker, Epic Win for Anonymous: How 4chan's Army Conquered the Web
- 4chan is especially antagonistic to furries, though every Friday /b/tards post massive furry porn threads, calling it Furry Friday.