Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of AC
- 1991, Maxim Jakubowski, 100 Great Detectives, The Detective Directory, Carroll & Graf Publishers, page 67:
- The Chronicles are the AC/DC of crime. Each book explores characters who do not then recur (often being killed on the final page.)
- 1999 April, Elliott Wilson, “Too Short ‘Can’t Stay Away’”, Vibe, Vibe Media Group, ISSN 1070-4701, volume 7, number 3, page 182:
- Too Short is like the AC/DC of rap.
- 2006, Maximum Rock ’n’ Roll, issue 276:
- The AC/DC of death metal, you'd be hard-pressed to say BOLT THROWER has changed much, and that’s always a good thing.
- 2009, T. Virgil Parker et al., Sausage Factory, The College Crier's Infamous Interviews of the Freaks and the Famous, First Books, ISBN 1592993613, page 148:
- We are who we are. We always say, “You can't polish a turd.” We're like the AC/DC of what we do.