Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of American-born Chinese
- 1945, David Nelson Rowe, China Among the Powers, page 119
- Practically all first pilots are American or American-born Chinese. Chinese pilots are to be trained to replace the Americans as soon as possible.
- 1993, John W. Dower, War Without Mercy: Race and Power in the Pacific War, page 166
- American-born Chinese (who were citizens by birth) had to fill out a special form when applying for a US passport, and were subjected to grueling ....
- 1994, Benjamin R. Beede, The War of 1898 and U.S. Interventions, 1898-1934: An Encyclopedia, page 103
- Described as the "American-born Chinese brigade," trained in military marching, the group drilled one evening a week.
- 1999, Paul Wong Race, Ethnicity, And Nationality In The United States: Toward The Twenty ..., page 126
- Their testimony before congressional committees earned American-born Chinese the epithet of "pseudo-Americans." When Congress debated rescinding Chinese exclusion in 1943 largely as a wartime propaganda tool, Representative William P. Elmer of Missouri complained that the bill promised to bring "millions of aliens" into the United States.