Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of Palinesque
Adjective: "resembling or characteristic of U.S. politician Sarah Palin"
|2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 2008 — Kate Jennings, "The American Revolution: The Fall of Wall Street and the Rise of Barack Obama", Quarterly Essay, Issue 32:
- The next day, I attend with three of my women friends – a Palinesque shout-out to Sue, Kathy and Nancy – a taping of The Daily Show.
- 2009 — Scott Conroy & Shushannah Walshe, Sarah from Alaska: The Sudden Rise and Brutal Education of a New Conservative Superstar, PublicAffairs (2009), ISBN 9781586487881, page 131:
- Sure enough, as the plane began its descent into Denver, cast member Amy Poehler appeared on screen with Fey, who was dressed in a Palinesque red outfit with her hair pulled up in that familiar way.
- 2009 — Anthony Livingston Hall, The iPinions Journal: Commentaries on World Politics and Other Cultural Events of Our Times, iUniverse (2009), ISBN 9781440144929, page 432:
- I suspect she got cold feet after the withering criticisms she received for appearing rather Palinesque during interviews to sell New Yorkers on her candidacy.
- 2009 — David Von Drehle & Jay Newton-Small, "The Outsider: Where Is Sarah Palin Going Next?", Time, 9 July 2009:
- Rambling along in Palinesque fashion, she didn't quite tell us where she's headed, but she left no doubt that she remains in a hurry to get there.
- 2010 — Barry Ferst, Sunday School Sins, Xlibris (2010), ISBN 9781450048842, page 78:
- You know all this smacks of those aliens and UFOs that appear to Palinesque Americans, but stay out of the way of Albert Einstein, Sir Arthur Stanley Eddington, Carl Sagan, and Richard Dawkins.
- 2010 — Becky Garrison, Jesus Died for This?: A Satirist's Search for the Risen Christ, Zondervan (2010), ISBN 9780310292890, page 163:
- Lest anyone feel the Republican party has devolved into a Palinesque parade of lipstick loonies, these elite power brokers operate well under the religious radar, welcoming those Beltway believers who seem all too willing to water down the Beatitudes in the hopes of scoring a seat at this unsacred table.
- 2010 — Lauren Collins, "King Kong vs. Godzilla", The New Yorker, 11 January 2010:
- The campaign also had Palinesque undertones, separating the world into two categories—wimps and warriors—without explaining exactly why it matters if your cable company can kick ass.
- 2011 — Steven Adubato, You Are the Brand, Rutgers University Press (2011), ISBN 9780813550718, page 190:
- It was because Tina Fey nailed it. Every time Fey said something stupid or off the wall while looking quite attractive in Palinesque attire, it was spot on.
- 2011 — Michael S. Duffy, "Sacrifice or Salvation? Smallville's Heroic Survival Amid Changing Television Trends", in The Smallville Chronicles: Critical Essays on the Television Series (ed. Lincoln Geraghty), Scarecrow Press (2011), ISBN 9780810881303, page 159:
- Nonetheless, the evolution of the character throughout season eight retains an attitude and demeanor that is undoubtedly Palinesque.
- 2011 — Catherine Herridge, The Next Wave: On the Hunt for Al Qaeda's American Recruits, Crown Forum (2011), ISBN 9780307885258, page 95:
- I got out my Palinesque reading glasses, and we combed through the small print.
- 2011 — Cooper Lawrence, The Yoga Club, Gallery Books (2011), ISBN 9781439187272, page 14:
- CJ looked at the other three and gave a Palinesque twist to his perfectly lipsticked mouth.
- 2012 — D. L. Hughley, I Want You to Shut the F#ck Up: How the Audacity of Dopes Is Ruining America, Crown Archetype (2012), ISBN 9780307986238, page 77:
- She might be a Republican, but she is not a Bachmann or Palinesque lunatic.
- 2013 — Linda Beail & Rhonda Kinney Longworth, Framing Sarah Palin: Pit Bulls, Puritans, and Politics, Routledge (2013), ISBN 9780415893336, page 117:
- Many women disagreed with this Palinesque brand of post-feminist equality.