Citations:Winnipeg rye bread
- 2005, Kate Austin, Dragonflies and Dinosaurs, Harlequin, p 283:
- And plenty of garlic sausage and cheese and thick black Winnipeg rye bread. [lexicographer's note: Winnipeg rye is never dark]
- 2007, Arlene Wright-Correll, The Bakers Dozen, Munfordville, Ky., Publications Trade Resources Unlimited, p 14:
- [recipe title] Winnipeg Rye Bread
- 2008, Robert T. Diamond, Kings of the Diamond, Winnipeg: Robert Diamond, p 116:
- The tray held six heaping plates of pork ribs, several baskets of Winnipeg rye bread, and several side dishes of the restaurant's signature coleslaw.
- 2008, “Give us this day our daily Winnipeg rye bread”, in Winnipeg Free Press, October 8:
- [title] Give us this day our daily Winnipeg rye bread. . .
- Thanks also to Jean Sawchuk, who sent in an old recipe for Winnipeg rye bread that she used to make. It is a light rye bread that she says is excellent.