Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of acephobia
Noun: "(neologism) fear, dislike, or hatred of asexuals and/or asexuality"
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 2013, Lee Thomas, "LGBTQrazy: A is for…", The Brunswickan (University of New Brunswick), Volume 147, Issue 7, 17 October 2013, page 10:
- It’s important to talk about asexuality because it’s often an overlooked sexual identity, and acephobia – discrimination against asexual people – is experienced by many asexual people.
- 2014, Joelle Ruby Ryan, "On Being Asexual and Transgender: Notes on Identity, Visibility, and Empowerment", in Trans Bodies, Trans Selves: A Resource for the Transgender (ed. Laura Erickson-Schroth), Oxford University Press (2014), ISBN 9780199325368, page 367:
- I now give asexual workshops, screen the film (A)sexual with a postfilm discussion, and try to have conversations with my friends and colleagues about asexual identity and acephobia.
- 2014, Nicole Wiesenthal, "Glossary of Asexual Terms", The Mirror, Volume 3, Issue 3, Fall 2014, page 19:
- Closely linked to homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and acephobia.