Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of agemate
Noun: "one who is the same age as another person"
|1990 1992 1995||2002 2006 2009 2010|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 1990 — Catherine Garvey, Play, Harvard University Press (1990), ISBN 0674673654, page 9:
- How does a child communicate with an agemate — that is, how is their conversation constructed?
- 1992 — Ulf Hannerz, Cultural Complexity: Studies in the Social Organization of Meaning, Columbia University Press (1992), ISBN 0231076223, page 179:
- Through its leading protagonist, Karl Kraus, an agemate and former schoolmate of Hofmannsthal, this cultural current had been present already at Kafe Griensteidl; […]
- 1995 — Kenneth H. Rubin & Debra J. Pepler, "The Relationship of Child's Play to Socio-Cognitive Growth and Development", in Friendship and Social Relations in Children (eds. Hugh C. Foot, Anthony J. Chapman, & Jean R. Smith), Transaction Publishers (1995), ISBN 1560007664, page 219:
- Hoffman recounted an anecdote in which one 15-month-old grabbed a toy from an agemate.
- 2002 — Debra Nails, The People of Plato: A Prosopography of Plato and Other Socratics, Hackett Publishing Company, Inc. (2002), ISBN 0872205649, page 39:
- Apollodorus' birth date is set by his statement in Plato's Symposium that he was an agemate of Glaucon IV, Plato's brother.
- 2006 — James R. Delisle, Parenting Gifted Kids: Tips for Raising Happy And Successful Children, Prufrock Press Inc. (2006), ISBN 9781593631796, page 21:
- Simply put, an agemate is someone who was born in the same year as you.
- 2009 — Judith Rich Harris, The Nurture Assumption: Why Children Turn Out the Way They Do, Free Press (2009), ISBN 9781439101650, page 147:
- Twins are in an unusual situation: they have an agemate to play with from Day One.
- 2010 — Love P. Maya, Off the Village Mat, Xlibris (2010), ISBN 9781450077231, page 64:
- Eva, one of my cousins who was my agemate, assisted me with the purchases.
- 2010 — Julie Orringer, The Invisible Bridge, Borzoi Books (2010), ISBN 9781400041169, page 184:
- She had no agemate in that house, no one she could think of as an ally.