Jump to navigation Jump to search
English citations of bitch
- 1913, D. H. Lawrence, Sons and Lovers, I. iv. 60:
- 'Look at the children, you nasty little bitch!' he sneered.
- 1999 September 23, Chris Sheridan, “Peter, Peter, Caviar Eater”, in Family Guy, season 2, episode 1, Fox, , “This House Is Freakin’ Sweet” (song):
- Now that you're stinking rich, we'd gladly be your bitch.
- 2006 August 8, Cho, Margaret, “Bitchfest: Ten Years of Cultural Criticism from the Pages of Bitch Magazine”, in Lisa Miya-Jervis, Andi Zeisler, editors,(Please provide the book title or journal name), New York: Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, →ISBN, page xv:
- Whenever anyone has called me a bitch, I have taken it as a compliment. To me, a bitch is assertive, unapologetic, demanding, intimidating, intelligent, fiercely protective, in control–all very positive attributes. But it’s not supposed to be a compliment, because there’s that old, stupid double standard: When men are aggressive and dominant, they are admired, but when a woman possesses those same qualities, she is dismissed and called a bitch.