English citations of cheezie
Noun: "(Canada) a cheese puff"
|1994 1997||2002 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 1994, Margaret Buffie, The Warnings, Kids Can Press (1994), ISBN 1550742515, page 125:
- A table beside it was crowded with empty cola bottles and half-eaten bags of chips and cheezies.
- 1997, Ila Bussidor & Üstün Bilgen-Reinart, Night Spirits: The Story of the Relocation of the Sayisi Dene, The University of Manitoba Press (2000), ISBN 9780887553486, page 140:
- People probably eat too much fatty food like chips and cheezies and not enough fresh fruits and vegetables.
- 2002, Lori Lansens, Rush Home Road, Vintage Canada (2003), ISBN 0676974511, page 76:
- She tried to recall the words for the Elmer Safety Elephant Song, which was taught to her by Collette's boyfriend from a while ago, Claude, who said criticizing things when Collette fed Sharla just cheezies for supper.
- 2006, Michele Martin Bossley, Swiped, Orca Book Publishers (2006), ISBN 9781551437552, page 6:
- Within seconds, the air was thick with flying potato chips, cheezies and other odds and ends.
- 2007, Mel Malton, Pioneer Poltergeist, Napoleon Publishing (2007), ISBN 9781894917605, page 168:
- Ziggy and Josée were sitting on the front porch of Vati's house, eating cheezies and drinking lemonade.
- 2007, Annemarie Tempelman-Kluit, Healthy Mum, Happy Baby: How to Feed Yourself When You're Breastfeeding Your Baby, Random House Canada (2007), ISBN 9780679314455, pages 60-61:
- Day-glo orange cheezies are highly processed and practically nutrient-free—the diet equivalent of entertainment television.
- 2008, Kenneth J. Harvey, Blackstrap Hawco, Harvill Secker (2008), ISBN 9780436205958, page 159:
- The thought sinks deep before he shifts his gaze to see the rack of cheezies on the other side of the makeshift bar he has leaned one elbow on.
- 2009, Brian S. Hepburn, The Back Roads of Eden County, AuthorHouse (2009), ISBN 9781438981420, page 478:
- There, three long tables were set up with K-rations of chips, cheezies, one peanut butter and jelly sandwich each, and all the Kool-Aid they could drink—courtesy of Maw!
- 2010, Richard Todd Canton, Russell Street Memories (A Sentimental Journey Home): This Way Is My Way, iUniverse (2010), ISBN 9781450246514, pages 21-22:
- Pine nuts and peanuts and hickory sticks and pretzels and cheezies, what more could a hungry soul ask for? The first thing he did was taste a cheezie, it must've tasted good because he grabbed the next one in his cheeks and up the hill he went straight to his home in the barn.