Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of fairy lights
Noun: "(UK) small electric lights on a strand which are used decoratively, especially on Christmas trees"
|2005 2010 2012|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 2005 — Cathy Kelly, Best of Friends, Downtown Press, ISBN 0743490258, page 130:
- Inside, the whole of the big reception room was twinkling with fairy lights and candles.
- 2010 — Trisha Ashley, Twelve Days of Christmas, HarperCollins, ISBN 9781847561152, unnumbered page:
- I managed to put quite a lot of small baubles on the top of the tree that way and helped drape the long string of fairy lights around it, […]
- 2012 — Fern Britton, Hidden Treasures, HarperCollins (2012), ISBN 9780007419418, unnumbered page:
- Marie had flxed thousands of fairy lights into the spruce branches round the porch […]
- 2012 — Carrie Mac, The Opposite of Tidy, Razorbill (2012), ISBN 9780143180913, unnumbered page:
- Junie reached to plug in the fairy lights she'd strung after getting the idea from her room at Evelyn's.