Noun: "(UK) small electric lights on a strand which are used decoratively, especially on Christmas trees"
||2005 2010 2012
- 2005 — Cathy Kelly, Best of Friends, Downtown Press, ↑ISBN, page 130:
- Inside, the whole of the big reception room was twinkling with fairy lights and candles.
- 2010 — Trisha Ashley, Twelve Days of Christmas, HarperCollins, ↑ISBN, unnumbered page:
- I managed to put quite a lot of small baubles on the top of the tree that way and helped drape the long string of fairy lights around it, […]
- 2012 — Fern Britton, Hidden Treasures, HarperCollins (2012), ↑ISBN, unnumbered page:
- Marie had flxed thousands of fairy lights into the spruce branches round the porch […]
- 2012 — Carrie Mac, The Opposite of Tidy, Razorbill (2012), ↑ISBN, unnumbered page:
- Junie reached to plug in the fairy lights she'd strung after getting the idea from her room at Evelyn's.