Jump to navigation Jump to search
English citations of girl crush
Noun: "(informal) a strong but usually nonsexual fondness experienced by one female for another"
|2004 2005 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012 2013|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 2004, Caroline Knapp, The Merry Recluse: A Life in Essays, Counterpoint (2004), →ISBN, page 16:
- S. is a woman. I don't want to sleep with her — S. and I are both unambiguously heterosexual and my feelings for her are decidedly nonphysical — but I have a major crush on her all the same. This is a girl crush, big time.
- 2005, Aisha Tyler, Swerve: Reckless Observations of a Postmodern Girl, Plume (2005), →ISBN, page 54:
- We admire Missy and J.Lo and Jill Scott and Natalie Maines and Macy Gray and Beyonce (I also have to admit that I have a bit of a girl crush on English TV cook Nigella Lawson, who is like a Botticelli painting in an apron, always licking whipped cream or custard off spoons and fingers).
- 2006, Emily Giffin, Baby Proof, St. Martin's Press (2006), →ISBN, page 181:
- “You look awesome,” she says, beaming. “Somewhat conservative and understated but with loads of style. If Tucker comes, she's going to be insanely jealous. I mean, she might even develop a girl crush.”
- 2008, Valerie Frankel, Fringe Benefits, NAL Jam (2008), →ISBN, unnumbered page:
- Eli had said I had a girl crush on Stella.
- 2009, Sarra Manning, Unsticky, Corgi (2012), →ISBN, page 30:
- Grace didn't normally go in for girl crushes but she'd had an out-of-control pash on for Lily because Lily was the stuff of dreams.
- 2010, Jill Murray, Rhythm and Blues, Doubleday Canada (2010), →ISBN, page 141:
- “Last week you hated her, and this week you're making her mixtapes? You totally have a girl crush!"
- 2010, Shannan Rouss, Easy for You, Simon & Schuster (2010), →ISBN, page 16:
- Jane Eyre, she has said, is her girl crush, the woman she'd fuck if she fucked women.
- 2012, Lisa Clark, Sassy: The Go-For-It Girl's Guide to Becoming Mistress of Your Destiny, Sassy Books (2012), →ISBN, page 100:
- I have a li'l bit of a girl crush on her, mainly because she takes to the stage in a sparkly bra and corset combo, and shakes her frilly knicker-ed behind with her gorgeous Art in Motion galpals.
- 2012, Kim Izzo, The Jane Austen Marriage Manual, HarperCollins (2012), →ISBN, unnumbered page:
- But my revelation seemed to make us instant best friends, which was fine by me; I needed one, and if my girl crush on Fawn was reciprocated, even better.
- 2013, Eve Ensler, In the Body of the World, Random House (2013), →ISBN, unnumbered page:
- I was that girl who ran away after my father found me on the phone with Beth Post, my girl crush, the most beautiful blond girl (also a theme throughout my life).