Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of guac
Noun: "(informal) guacamole"
|2010 2011 2012|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 2010, Gabriel Thompson, Working in the Shadows: A Year of Doing the Jobs (Most) Americans Won't Do, Nation Books (2010), ISBN 9781568584089, page 179:
- “I've got this order that's already late and it needs a double guac, but there's no avocados in the entire restaurant. […]
- 2011, Elise Allen, Populazzi, Harcourt (2011), ISBN 9780547481531, page 347:
- “Ooh, are you filling those?” Eddie nodded to the pretzel bowls in my hand. “'Cause we're almost out of chips and guac here, too.”
- 2011, Brooke Burke, The Naked Mom: A Modern Mom's Fearless Revelations, Savvy Advice, and Soulful Reflections, New American Library (2011), ISBN 9780451232335, unnumbered page:
- When I'm at a restaurant and can't resist the basket of chips and guac, I ask the waiter to bring them out closer to when our entrées are going to arrive—that way at least it's just one basket we're going through instead of two.)
- 2011, Julie Halpern, Don't Stop Now, Feiwel and Friends (2011), ISBN 9780312643461, page 19:
- She shrugged an answer that I thought meant no, until she reached a ghostly hand toward the chips, grabbed one, and dipped the tiniest corner into the guac.
- 2011, Sarah Mlynowski, Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have), HarperTeen (2011), ISBN 9780061701245, page 122:
- “April, can you pass the guac?” Hudson said. “This is good guac. And I know guac.”
- “Thank you,” I said. “I made it. Plucked the avocados and everything.”
- 2012, Jon Bonnell, Jon Bonnell's Texas Favorites, Gibbs Smith (2012), ISBN 9781423622598, page 22:
- The key to making good guac (as it's often called in Texas) is the proper balance of acidity, salt and spice.
- 2012, Dana Carpender, 500 Paleo Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes for Weight Loss and Super Health, Fair Winds Press (2012), ISBN 9781592335329, page 58:
- When your eggs are ready for the filling, put in the chicken first, then spoon/spread guac on top.
- 2012, Brian L. Patton, The Sexy Vegan Cookbook: Extraordinary Food from an Ordinary Dude, New World Library (2012), ISBN 9781608680450, page 183:
- You can extend the life of your guac by transferring leftovers to an airtight container.
- 2014, Tara Mataraza Desmond, Shirley Fan, Full Belly: Good Eats for a Healthy Pregnancy, page 12:
- However you like it, enjoy this ramped up guac knowing it's boosted further by the filling fiber stores of chickpeas, which will help you feel fuller longer.
- 2015, Becky Rosenthal, Josh Rosenthal, Salt Lake City Chef's Table, page 174:
- The menu also offers six varieties of guacamole, from traditional guac to spicy mango. The guac of the day helps keep things fresh.