Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of halterkini
|2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2008|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 2001 — "Heat Relief, What Suits Are Hot -- From Tops to Bottoms", San Jose Mercury News, 8 June 2001:
- Halterkini -- a halter-style bra top that ties behind the neck.
- 2003 — Susan Weiner, "Bright bathing suits make some waves", Asbury Park Press, 23 May 2003:
- Whether you choose a bikini, tankini, halterkini or a one-piece, this is the summer of color.
- 2003 — Kirsten Korosec, "Fun in the sun", Waukesha Freeman, 10 June 2003:
- The tankini has developed into one-third of Carson Pirie Scott's total women's business and includes halterkinis, skirtinis and bandinis.
- 2004 — Teri Green, "Suited for summer", Montgomery Advertiser, 7 June 2004:
- Find the perfect neckline with this season's bandeaus, tankinis, halterkinis, halters, triangle tops, scoops and deep v's.
- 2005 — Sharon Mosley, "Tips help the wary avoid swim cover-up", San Diego Union-Tribune, 19 June 2005:
- Several of the best items to put on your shopping list include: mix-and-match tankini tops and halterkinis to wear with this season's big hit, the long, flowing skirt, wedge sandals and wooden bangle bracelets; […]
- 2006 — "What lurks behind dressing-room door? Women hate shopping for bathing suits", Washington Times, 29 March 2006:
- There are so many choices for women: bikinis, tankinis, halterkinis, boy shorts, strapless, bandeaus, maillots, padded, unpadded, French cut and, of course, the Brazilian monokini.
- 2008 —Cornell Green, "Beachy keen", GoErie.com, 1 May 2008:
- With halterkinis, the top piece is cut like a halter top, usually tying behind the neck.