Jump to navigation Jump to search
English citations of hot
- 1955, Rex Stout, "The Next Witness", in Three Witnesses, October 1994 Bantam edition, →ISBN, page 55:
- Though time hadn't dragged too heavily, what with talking and eating and drinking and three hot games of checkers between Wolfe and Saul, all draws, we were yawning.
- 1782, Ralph Griffiths, George Edward Griffiths, The Monthly Review, page 125:
- Bullets are hot, he observes, that have been discharged from wind-guns, and cross-bows; especially when they have impinged against any hard body.
- 1989, Chuck Karwan, Handguns '90, DBI Books (→ISBN)
- There are no old guns to load down for, so the factory ammo is hot, accurate stuff. The stainless Delta Elite won't rust in the rain so readily and ...
- 2015, Allan V. Cotter, Sleight of Light: A William Horner Conflict, FriesenPress (→ISBN), page 185:
- Bullets are hot; they'll show up on the thermal imager. You really want us to shoot either side of that tree?” “Yes, about thirty meters to either side of ...