Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of katus
- 1865: David W. Bartlett, Cases of Contested Elections in Congress, from 1834 to 1865, Inclusive, p287 (Government printing office)
- This Katus having been appointed, he was the only person authorized to act, in conjunction with the other inspectors, as inspector.
- 1922: The Committee on Appropriations of the United States Congress, Hearings, p473
- If this katus item is for a new irrigation system, it is manifestly subject to a point of order, if reported to the House.
- 1993 October 7th (3:49pm), “
- The school was about 30 minutes (?) uphill walk from the “bhanjyang” through the dense “chilaune” trees and thorny “katus” outer shells on the ground (most of the kids didn+t have shoes!). It was a scary path if you are late for/from school, because we would see hardly anyone on our way to/from school. We were scared of wild animals including monkeys who would hang around the “katus” trees and chase the kids.
- 2002 July 10th (5:58pm), “
- You mena the same katus who pumped bahRAT mata for 1000 years. Hare Om hare om!!! Why does your didi son looks like me and you llok like a kaloo habshi…
- 2003 September 24th (4:36am), “
- There was no Sunday School that afternoon because of lotday, and with all the electricity in the air, I had no desire to take my nap, so I reached for my katus on the hat rack.