Jump to navigation Jump to search
English citations of lexical item
- 1992, Robert Freidin, Foundations of Generative Syntax:
- So the derivation of a sentence containing the lexical item man would include an operation that substitutes (11) for a [+N] in the phrase marker.
- 1998, Ronald Carter, Vocabulary:
- We should then be justified in suggesting that pins and needles is one lexical item, whose cluster is different from the cluster of the separate lexical items pin and needle.
- 2002, Ray Jackendoff, Foundations of Language:
- In order to trigger a response, the lexical item insect has to be bound to the encoded probe in working memory (or "selected into working memory"). But it can only be bound to the probe via its phonology (or orthography, if visually presented.)