Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of newfag
Noun: "(Internet, slang, derogatory) a n00b; an inexperienced member of the 4chan community (or any other online community)"
|2005 2008 2009 2011 2012|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
2008 July 11, Onideus Mad Hatter [username], “BTW Lego Newfag”, in rec.toys.lego, Usenet:
- Oh, also, using Outhouse Express...yeah, really shows off what a Usenet newfag you are, just a lil FYI for ya. You might wanna try XNews or Agent or any *REAL* news browser (not a mail client with some sloppily added extras).
- 2011 — David Thorne, The Internet is a Playground: Irreverent Correspondences of an Evil Online Genius, Jeremy P. Tarcher/Penguin (2011), ISBN 9781101513774, unnumbered page:
- All I could work out is that I am apparently a "newfag" and cannot “triforce” but am unsure as to why I would need to triforce in the first place.
- 2011 — Cole Stryker, Epic Win for Anonymous: How 4chan's Army Conquered the Web, The Overlook Press (2011), ISBN 9781590207383, unnumbered pages:
- Many veteran users bemoaned that the newfags were only interested in trolling, and cared not for meme creation and ultranerdy culture.
- 2012 — Parmy Olson, We Are Anonymous: Inside the Hacker World of LulzSec, Anonymous, and the Global Cyber Insurgency, Little, Brown and Company (2012), ISBN 9780316213530, unnumbered page:
- With Scientology, participants agreed it was worth getting the newfags on board to create an army and spread the word to the other Internet image boards, also known as "chans."