Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of oftused
- 1932, William Faulkner, Light in August (corrected text), page 223:
- […] not knowing that the house was empty and not caring, not caring anymore for silence and desolation than they had cared for the cheap and brutal nights of stale oftused glasses and stale oftused beds.
- 1994, Rajbali Pandey, Hindu saṁskāras: socio-religious study of the Hindu sacraments, page 9:
- […] is an oftused phrase in the treatises on the Dharmaśāstra.
- 2010, Jason Santos, A Community Called Taize, page 14:
- Indeed, the feeling of welcome at Taizé echoes the oftused phrase, "Mi casa es su casa."