See also: citations:my stories
English citations of story
sense: soap opera
- Alice Walker, "The Civil Rights Movement: What Good Was It?":
- We had managed to buy our first television set. It was battered and overpriced, but my mother had gotten used to watching the afternoon soap operas […] , and nothing could satisfy her […] but a continuation of her "stories."
- 2002, Jane Heller, Cha Cha Cha, Kensington Books, ISBN 0758203055, page 173:
- "Mrs. Waxman is watching her stories," said Nora as she led me into the den where my mother was […] watching a videotaped episode of "As the World Turns."
- 2003, Sandra Brown, Hello, Darkness, Simon and Schuster, ISBN 0743261011, page 235:
- "Shut the goddamn door. I can't see my TV with that light shining on it, and my story's on."
- "You and your stories." […]
- His mother said nothing else until the soap opera went into a commercial break.