Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of swimline
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 1992, British Sub-Aqua Club, Advanced Sport Diving (page 84)
- The team of divers then descends at one end of the datum line using a swimline, which is deployed at right angles to the jackstay. With a well-trained team it is possible to have many divers on the swimline, depending on underwater visibility […]
- 2012, Eugene Cicchinelli, Underwater Rodeo: Saga of a Deep Sea Diver (page 763)
- […] Trautman had had to cut the swimline before they left bottom. In Teaves' and Cronan's diving rotation, Cronan would be number one diver out of the bell. The first job that needed to be done was to reattach the swimline to the oil platform.
- Technologies for prehistoric & historic preservation (page 56)
- The simplest techniques mimic those used on Iand and include random searches as well as controlled coverage by scuba-divers positioned at regular intervals along swimlines.