Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of your servant
- a. 1923, p. 1847, Ellen Marriage, translator, Honoré de Balzac, Le Cousin Pons:
- "Good-day, M. Fraisier. I hope you will recover your health. Your servant, sir."
- Fraisier went to the door with his client.
- a. 1900, p. 1856, Eleanor Marx Aveling, translator, Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary , chapter 8:
- The druggist was passing. He had on a frock-coat, nankeen trousers, beaver shoes, and, for a wonder, a hat with a low crown.
- "Your servant! Excuse me, I am in a hurry."
- Ibid., chapter 10:
- "Good evening, Monsieur Binet," she interrupted him, turning on her heel.
- "Your servant, madame," he replied drily; and he went back into his tub.
- 1905, Emma Orczy, The Scarlet Pimpernel , chapter 16:
- Once again he attempted to go, once more her voice, sweet, childlike, almost tender, called him back.
- "Sir Percy."
- "Your servant, Madame."