Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Elba (the largest island of the Tuscan Archipelago, in the Tyrrhenian Sea)
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Pomponius Mela to this entry?)
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Pliny the Elder to this entry?)
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Livy to this entry?)
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Virgil to this entry?)
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Silius Italicus to this entry?)
First declension, with locative.
- Ilva in Charlton T. Lewis and Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- “Ilva” on page 773/1 of Félix Gaffiot’s Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français, Hachette (1934)
- Ilva in William Smith, editor (1854, 1857) A Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, volume 1 & 2, London: Walton and Maberly
- “Ilua” on page 830/3 of the Oxford Latin Dictionary (1st ed., 1968–82)
First recorded as a given name of Latvians in 1943. Unknown etymology, possibly a phonetic coinage.
- A female given name.